Monday, January 2, 2012

Reflecting- 2011-2012

2011 saw quite a few changes to the rabbitry, all in preparation for 2012. My Dutch herd was cut back to just 20, which I'm finding that I love this amount, and don't think I'll have more than that again. It takes me less than an hour to feed and clean cages! One of my buildings was completely remodeled, and I replaced more than half of my cages last Summer. Last Summer also had a pair of English Spots for my fiance added to the barn, creating "Sporting Spots Rabbitry". Just two days before the end of the year, we had our first Spot litter born.
2012 will be the start of all the Dutch and English Spots being entered under both Robert's and my name. This Summer we plan on adding onto the English Spot herd at State. From culling hard on the Dutch, it has me looking forward to what the new year will bring for them, as I'm loving what I have right now. This Summer will also be the biggest change to the rabbitry, as Robert's and my wedding will be this August <3
Goals for 2012, are for us to continue beginning our own line of Spots. Thank you to Stephanie, we have a wonderful start. For the Dutch, their goal is always the same, to win the big one ;) In 2011, we won a Reserve in Show with Double Dutch's Kiara. Goal for this year is to win a Best in Show, and as always the biggest goal is to win that at the Washington State Convention. I've won it in the youth show 10 years ago, and won Reserve in Show for the open there about 5 years ago, which just leaves winning Best in Show for open :)

No comments: