Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Monroe Show & For Sale

Was just trying to update my website's for sale page and had it all ready to save, however it will not let me save the page, and now geocities is not working... Figured I'd post my Monroe results and current for sale list here in the meantime. Other than the for sale page, my website is not going to be getting many updates for a bit, as geocities has decided to close all their free sites at the end of the year. This means moving my whole site to a new provider... I'm probably going to upgrade my current site to a paid domain, but until this is done, I'm not going to be doing anymore work to it.
The Monroe show was last week. I only showed 6 Dutch, but was happy with my results. Pipsqueak was Best Opposite Sex in the first show for her third granding leg. She lost to Jean's Black buck. Show B, Pips was Best of Breed for her fourth leg! BOS went to Jean. No one else had results worth mentioning, other than my little Blue jr doe out of Cover Girl x Rodeo. She was 1st of 2 both shows, losing to Pips, however she got really promising comments from both judges. Jake says she's going to be hot! Kevin said that she should be great for state convention next month. She a very nicely typed doe, the only thing I do not like on her are her super long stops.
For the Silver Martens, Arson was Best Opposite Sex both shows for his third and fourth legs, and is now a Grand Champion. BOB both shows was Sharon & Larry with their Black doe.
Nicole will be taking the three Martens to the Canby show this weekend. Hopefully Arson can get over this BOS slump (has only gone to four shows, and has won BOS at each one) and go for Best of Breed!

Current for sale animals are (for pics go to: http://www.geocities.com/doubledutch84/dutstock.html):

Double Dutch's Desperado
Black Sr Buck
Born 12/5/06
Herd Buck
Registered Grand Champion 7 legs (BOB of 104, BOS of 55)
Sire- Double Dutch's Bentley (Blue, RGC/6 legs)
Dam- Double Dutch's Zoe (Black, RGC/3 legs)
He is a herd buck, and has produced RGC's. Has excellent markings, and a gorgeous head. Has good width, I'd just like a bit more depth to him. Is the sire of Belle Starr (RGC/4 legs) and grandfather of Pipsqueak (RGC/4 legs).

Double Dutch's Sushi
Black Sr Doe
Born 5/29/07
Proven Brood Doe
Registered Grand Champion 3 legs
Sire- Double Dutch's Bazooka (Blue, Reg/3 jr legs)
Dam- Double Dutch's Sage (Black, RGC/5 legs)
An excellent mom, I'm just cutting down on my brood does. Is a nicely typed doe.

Double Dutch's Aurora
Black Sr Doe
Born 1/27/08
Proven Brood Doe
Registered
Sire- Double Dutch's Bentley (Blue, RGC/6 legs)
Dam- Double Dutch's Sushi (Black, RGC/3 legs)
An excellent mom, I'm just cutting down on my brood does. Has really good hindquarters, just a bit long in the shoulders.

Double Dutch's Maybelline
Blue Sr Doe
Born 1/27/08
Proven Brood Doe
Registered
Sire- Double Dutch's Bentley (Blue, RGC/6 legs)
Dam- Double Dutch's Sushi (Black, RGC/3 legs)
An excellent mom, I'm just cutting down on my brood does. Nicely typed, could just use a bit more depth.

No comments: