Saturday, May 16, 2009

In Loving Memory...






























Roxy Roo
January 1, 2003- May 12, 2009
This has been a very hard week. Tuesday night, Roxy my rabbitry helper and sidekick had to be put down. Sunday evening she had gotten into the garbage when no one was home and ate stuff that she shouldn't have. Some of it got stuck in her lower intestine, which could only be removed with surgery. Roxy was my constant companion, and always by my side. I'm use to whenever I'm home, her following me everywhere. Feeding the rabbits is not the same without her constantly under foot. She will be missed...

Double Dutch's Frankie
March 17, 2001- May 15, 2009
To top things off Friday morning I discovered Frankie had passed away. Frankie passing away feels like the end of an era to my rabbitry. He goes back really close to the beginning of my line. His sire is Silver, my first Best in Show winner and his dam is Trelawn Sisqo. His grandfather is Coffelt's Scout, my first Best of Breed winner (and one of my very first Dutch!) and his grandmother is Dominque who was my first homebred Grand Champion and first homebred Best of Breed winner. Dominque then was out of Brak's Naomi (RGC/9 legs) and Brak's Lupo (RGC) from Donna Brak, who I consider the start of Double Dutch Rabbitry, all the way back in 1994. I credit both Donna and Jan Coffelt as the two who gave me my start in the breed, and Lloyd Gregg (Trelawn), whose always helped me out along the way to make it what it is. To see more pics of him, and his impact to my line, his page on my site is: http://www.geocities.com/doubledutchinfo/mrbluebuckfrankie.html

1 comment:

LHHR said...

I am so sorry for your losses :(

but congrats on your guys' BIS.