Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Clusters show and Facebook page

Black Jr Buck
July 30th was the annual "Clusters of Specialties" Show in Monroe. The NWDRC put on two Dutch specialties. In show A, I had a Black jr buck win BOSV and BOS, a Blue jr doe won BOV, and Rudolph's Hunter was BOSV Blue.
Show B, I didn't do as well. The Black jr buck was BOSV, and now has 3 jr legs. I sold him that day to a new youth breeder just getting started in rabbits, along with a couple of jr does.
Hunter also left for a new home, he went to live at Luster Wabbitry.
I have decided to add a Facebook page for the rabbitry- Double Dutch Rabbitry. I've been working at deleting people who I do not personally know (other than Dutch breeders, since I like seeing pics of their stock) from my personal page. For the rabbitry page, I do only add fellow breeders. If I do not know you, and you're not a breeder, I will not add you for safety reasons.
On an ending note, here's an article that's been being posted on facebook a lot lately that I think every breeder should read: What to Do When Animal Control Comes Knocking. I've been hearing too many stories lately of AC overstepping their boundries. This article is geared at dog breeders, but we're really no different. Know your rights as a breeder.

No comments: