Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! It's going to be a white Christmas here, as we have about a foot of snow on the ground, and it's snowing yet again. It's been snowing since 4 this morning, so needless to say my family is snowed in for Christmas.
In litter news, I had three does due yesterday. Only Trelawn Ruby D bred to Bentley has had a litter. She had five, but sadly three of them were frozen by the time I found them yesterday morning. The two remaining were almost frozen when I found them, however after having them on the heating pad for a couple of hours, I was able to revive them. They are living in the house, except to be taken out for 10 minutes each morning to be nursed. They both look showable. Not the best, but regardless I will most likely keep both of them for breeding, as I've been having trouble with getting anything from Ruby since she came here last June. Also, especially since this will be my last litter from Bentley :(
Bentley has not improved any, and will not eat feed. He's been drinking and eating a bit of hay though. He still does not have any movement in his legs.
On the bright side, Pipsqueak is doing great. She's still slowly filling in. You can't quite tell by looking at her anymore, unless you pet her along her back for how skinny she is. She loves getting her nose rubbed whenever my mom or I go by her cage.
Hope everyone is staying warm with all of this snow, and once again, have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: