Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Bad Luck Continues

Sadly the bad luck seems to continue here. I just lost Belle Starr last weekend. I don't think my dad had dumped out enough of the bad feed, so it got mixed with good feed. Everything has been dumped out now though. Luckily, I do have a daughter out of the only litter I had out of her, whose actually really nice. She won her first leg at her first show a few weeks ago.
Cover Girl lost the rest of her litter. I think between her and them all being traumitized, they just weren't getting nursed enough. CG will be taking a break before being rebred. She's just now starting to perk back up and eat all of her feed.
In litter news, I had five does due last weekend, however only two had anything. Both Sushi (bred to Stryker) and Aurora (bred to Desperado) had litters. Venus had a false pregnancy, which those are always disappointing, as she made me think that she took.
I did breed three does last weekend, they will be due on December 23rd. They are:
Trelawn Ruby D x Bentley
Sasha x Desperado
Maybelline x Bazooka

Yesterday, I did take new pics of all the rabbits while there was a break in the rain. Website updates should come soon. Here's pics and info on two of the for sale animals.


DDLA-- Showable Blue jr buck, who was born on 7/13/08. Out of Bazooka (Reg/3 jr legs) x Ladybug (RGC/6 legs, 1 RIS). He's a very nicely marked buck, who will do well in 4-H shows. His only bad flaw for his markings, is that his stops are ragged, however have good placement. Type wise, he's a bit weak in the shoulders, and pinched in the hindquarters. He has an excellent head.
DDMA-- Showable Black jr doe who was born on 8/23/08. Out of Rimfire (RGC/14 legs, 1 RIS) x Maybelline (Reg). Marking wise, her saddle could be a bit more straighter, and her stops are uneven. She's nicely typed though.

No comments: